According to common opinion, one speaks of hair loss if one loses about 100 hairs per day over a longer period of time. There are different forms and causes:
2) Circular hair loss: the cause of this form of hair loss has not been fully researched, but it is believed to be an autoimmune disorder, as the body's own defense cells attack the hair root.
3) Diffuse hair loss: Hair loss can also be caused by infectious diseases, thyroid disorders, stress, hormonal disorders, chemotherapy, etc.
4) Other causes of hair loss: fungal infection, psoriasis of the scalp (occurs mainly in children), iron deficiency, insufficient nutrient supply to the hair root.
Finasteride, Minoxidil, Antiandrogens:
The effect of finasteride and antiandrogens: it prevents the formation of DHT*. Finasteride and antiandrogens are used for androgenetic hair loss. However, there are side effects such as potency disorder, depressive disorder, acne (meibomian gland dysfunction).
Effect of Minoxidil: this blood pressure medication is used locally. Minoxidil also has side effects such as headache, itching, increased hair growth on other parts of the body.
- Hair transplantation (surgical)
- Cortisone therapy and topical immune suppressants: This therapy is used locally as an anti-inflammatory and is also recommended for eczema and neurodermatitis. Side effects are: hair loss, skin atrophy and infections.
The following important micronutrients are recommended for strengthening the hair root and hair growth:
- vitamins B, E, C,
- Amino acid: methionine and glutamine (important for keratin formation)
- Omega 3, Zinc, Iron
Our soaps can influence this cycle of DHT and thus greatly reduce hair loss. In addition, they contain many important nutrients to strengthen the hair root and thus hair growth!